cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Changing User ID in DC Directory (CCM v8.)

david.walsh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Does anyone know if it's possible to change the user ID in the global directory (used to be called DC directory, not sure if it still is or not). Anyway, I've read all the posts, and in all previous versions of CCM, you couldn't do it without deleting and recreating, but those posts were quite old.  Just wondering if that's changed in CCM v8.x?

Reason I'm asking is this:  We're upgrading from CCM v4.x to CCM v8.x, and our contractor has imported all of our old style usernames.  We changed a few years back and went to a standard format (email address without the @domain.com).  Anyway, since they've imported all of our usernames, I was hoping I could somehow easily change them.

Any thoughts from the CCM crowd?

Thanks,

Dave

1 Reply 1

Joseph Martini
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Still the same limitation, you could export the user settings through BAT and then re-import them which escentially deletes and re-adds the users.  This assumes you're not using the LDAP directory integration which it sounds like you're not.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: