cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

China Telecom E1 Configuration Issue

srpm
Level 1
Level 1

I hope I get lucky on this one.  It might be a long shot.  I have 2 Cisco 2911's in our office in China.  Each has an E1 connected to it from China Telecom.  For over a year both incoming and outgoing have worked fine with absolutely no problems.  However, last week we were notified by personnel at this office that their outgoing calls were failing.  After turning debugs on, we see that each and every attempt at an outbound call generates a Call Rejected status.  

We were initially told that there had been some regulation changes and all outgoing calls must have a China ANI.  First, CT was already setting the ANI of each call with the BTN of the service and we were unable to get that changed.  Secondly, the personnel in China had external masks set in Call Manager as their local China number.  So that obviously wasn't the case.  After multiple back and forths with them, we finally "talked" with them through an intermediary at our China office.  They live traced attempted calls where each one failed.  The only thing CT came  back with was the following as relayed to me: "CT told me that number type should be user number."  I honestly have no idea what they mean.  And after further pressing from them to tell me exactly what setting they are referring to they said that nobody there was familiar with Cisco configurations.  So apparently we are one of the only companies in China to use Cisco equipment. :)

Here is the relevant ISDN debug message from the logs:

Mar 27 09:22:07.544: ISDN Se0/1/1:15 Q931: RX <- RELEASE_COMP pd = 8  callref = 0x81F2
        Cause i = 0x8295 - Call rejected

Anybody have Cisco routers in China with CT E1s that suddenly required a configuration change in the last week?  If not, does anybody have any ideas what CT might be referring to for the setting change?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Vivek Batra
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

No information about CT, but as per your comments, can give a try.

Can you capture complete debug of failure call using command debug isdn q931...

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Vivek Batra
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

No information about CT, but as per your comments, can give a try.

Can you capture complete debug of failure call using command debug isdn q931...

Well for now this issue has been resolved.  Overnight CT made a configuration change on their side and now outbound calls will work as long as the ANI is a valid China number.  A non-China number as the ANI will still cause the call to fail, but I can handle that.  I've asked for further clarification from CT and if I don't get anything from them I'll get you a q931 log of a rejected call.

Thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: