Helpful
Replies

CIPC 7.0.* and Windows 7

rdewhurst
Level 1
Level 1

My client is running CIPC 7. something. The CUCM is 7.3

The PC's are running win 7 32 bit.

2-3 Times a day the phone get frozen. If they try to access any soft button they get "that key is not active here".

They are unable to pickup any calls or do anything else. The only thing they can do is close the soft phone and restart it.

Is there any solution or work around?                  

3 Replies 3

Why don't you upgrade the CIPC to 8.6.2?

More information at the release notes for that version, http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cipc/8_5/english/release_notes/CIPC8x_RN.pdf

Please rate useful posts.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Response Signature

As far as I was aware, 8.6 ^ will not work with CUCM 7.3. The client will not upgrade the system until it falls over. So I am  trying to work with what they have. As the system is out of contract, I can not even open a TAC case!

So any help by anyone would be most appreciated.

According to the release note at least 7.0 and 7.1 are supported. Have you tested if it works with 7.3? My experience with CIPC is that it's not that picky with the version of CUCM. Even if 8.6.2 isn't officially supported to your CUCM version you basicly have very little to loose, since you don't have a valid support contract and cant get TAC support anyway.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Response Signature

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: