cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CIPC 8 Install Doesn't Retain CIPC 7 Settings

tmullenaux
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to replace CIPC 7.0.5 with CIPC 8.6.3.0. Some users are seeing their Device Name and TFTP Servers copied right over to the new version, some aren't (having to remember and retype them in manually). Any ideas what might be causing it NOT to copy the existing settings over? How to make it 100%?

2 Replies 2

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Do the users where it doesn't work have local admin rights? The new client puts them in a registry hive that requires Administrators group membership. You can see this by launching it without admin rights and opening the preferences dialog. The TFTP server and device name fields will be grayed out.

PS- You may want to start kicking the tires on Jabber for Windows in Phone Mode. This will eventually be the replacement for CIPC. The only thing holding them back is that it isn't at feature parity yet (e.g. single line and park/pickup/hlog/etc actions aren't supported yet).

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Yes, all my users are admins on their own box. Would a complete uninstall then reinstall make the settings go away? Also got some advice about running it in XP Compatibility Mode. I'll need to do some more experimentation.

Yes, looking at Jabber for Windows, too, but it's a few months out and won't work for all of our users (feature parity - like you mentioned - with single line and IDD PIN).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: