cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CIPC and EFXS 50/0/x and DIAL-PEER 2000x and how to modify?

Frameschubser
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

if i connect some CIPC to CME, this CIPC get EFXS ports numbered 50/0/x automatically. Also there will be automatically created the corresponding dial-peer with tag 2000x. Thats nice in the first look. But me cant edit/modify these ports or dial-peers.

How can i modify them?

7 Replies 7

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

These dial peers are internal and correspond to the extension you defined on the ephone-dn, if you change the extension on the ephone-dn the dial-peer is adjusted. You should never need to worry about the automatic dial peers, only dial-peer to/from PSTN, and other systems, i.e. CUE.

HTH,

Chris

Hm, and what about e.g. translation-rules/profiles on this dial-peer if i cant modify this dial-peer?

Also me also cant create a new dial-peer pointing to a 50/0/x port.

Why is this? And how can i modify/change it?

You should not be creating any dial-peers pointing to this port, this is all virtual based ephone-dn configuration, think about ephone-dn as an extension of off the CME system, you do not require any specific dial-peers as CME performs all the routing to/from this extension.

HTH,

Chris

fb_webuser
Level 6
Level 6

These virtual dialpeers cannot be modified and need to be worried about. The only dial-peers that you configure are the dial-peers to different networks, voip call agents etc. Anything that you need to modify for the CIPC need to be done on the CME side. Here's a link to the CME admin guide that can help you out:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmeadm.html

---

Posted by WebUser Asad Raza from Cisco Support Community App

So as i understood:

If i have 2 CIPC connected at same CME and do a call from one CIPC to the other, me dont have a chance to translate the calling number of the calling CIPC in e.g. the receptionist number so that the called CIPC see the receptionist number as calling number? Cause it would flow from one automatically created (and not modifiable) dial-peer to the other automatically created (and not modifiable) dial-peer, always acting with "more precise dial-peer wins"?

I cant believe this cause this would su..

You can apply translation patterns to the ephone-dn or the telephony-fallback.

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

Chris

Ah, thats new to me: translation-profiles on ephone-dn.

I looked there

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk90/technologies_configuration_example09186a00803f818a.shtml#configs

Trunk Group/Source IP Group/Dial Peer/Voice Port/Non-Facility Associated Signaling (NFAS)           Interface/VoIP Incoming

I will give it a try with ephone-dn and test it out later.