Views
Helpful
Replies

CIPC for Windows 10 compatibility

ccg-collab1
Level 2
Level 2

Hi All,

May I know if the latest version of CIPC is compatible to windows 10, or if not is there a workaround for it to work?

Appreciate your response,

21 Replies 21

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

I checked release notes of CIPC which says 

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cipc/8_6_6/Release_Notes.html#id_22883

Release 8.6.5

The following features have been added to Release 8.6.5 of Cisco IP Communicator:
  • Cisco IP Communicator now supports Microsoft Windows 10.

Note

Due to changes to Microsoft Internet Explorer on Microsoft Windows 10, if users set Microsoft Internet Exploreras their default browser on Microsoft Windows 10, user must uncheck Enable Protected Mode in Internet Explorer Security settings. If users do not disable Protected Mode, they will not be able to start the Cisco Unified CM Self-Care portal from the Cisco IP Communicator Preferences menu.

• Cisco IP Communicator now supports Cisco Unified Communications Manager Release 10.5.2.

It should be supported with 8.6.6

regds,

aman

In addition to the nice info shared by Aman i would suggest that it appears that Windows 10 is not yet fully tested with CIPC. So, it may work but you can wait for the Windows 10 to be listed under the supported OS in the release notes

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cipc/8_6_6/Release_Notes.html#CIPC_RF_S2A2955C_00

Manish

Hi

It seems that CIPC version 8.6.6 is not compatible with windows 10. Most of the end users say that the CIPC changes state to not responding, so they have to close the application and run it again. How can this problem be solved?

Exactly, CIPC 8.6.6 not yet supported. Chick release note for this version.

Regards

I have the following problem.

CUCM: 10.5.2.10000-5

IpCommunicator: 8.6.6

Windows 10 64Bits.

In the image
Cisco IP Communicator has stopped working.

A problem caused the program to stop working properly. Close the Program.

Someone with this problem?

Any solution to the case?

David Burgess
Level 4
Level 4

Two part answer as of a year later. 
This answer is dated April 25, 2017 (2017-04-25)

This answer was updated September 27, 2017.

• Cisco IP Communicator now supports Microsoft Windows 10. (Only 32-bit version is supported)
  • Cisco IP Communicator is supported only in Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8 as shown in the following table.
  • Cisco IP Communicator supports x86-based processors running a 32-bit OS; 64-bit OSs are supported on Windows 7 (WoW64) and Windows 8. (This means not the 64-bit Windows 10)
  • This integration runs as a 32-bit application in 64-bit versions of Windows 7 and Windows 8. All other supported operating systems are 32-bit only.

CIPC 8.6.6 documentation last update was September 2016.

8.6.4 was released in 2014.

8.6.5 was released in 2015.

8.6.6 was released in 2016.

IF Cisco keeps this schedule 8.6.7 might be released in Q4 of 2017.

...but don't hold your breathe

David

[+5] to David for sharing info.

regds,

aman

Maybe Cisco have Beta of CIPC 8.6.7 (working on Win 10 x64)?

Thanks!

Just dropping a note to keep interest here. Looks like currently the only current version of Windows  not supported would be 64 bit Win 10.

Where did this statement about Windows 10 32-bit only come from?

I do not see this in the release notes which appear to state 32bit and 64 are both supported.

Here is the latest release notes as of checking today:

The first page  states:

The following features have been added to Release 8.6.5 of Cisco IP Communicator:

• Cisco IP Communicator now supports Microsoft Windows 10.  (no caveat about 64bit)

The Requirements Table listed in the release notes Mentions 64-bit multiple times as shown below.

If 64-bit is not compatible, i would never be able to tell from the release notes.

Table 1 Minimum and Recommended Requirements for Cisco IP Communicator

Item

Description

Internal Hardware (Microsoft Windows 10)

• Processor: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster
  • Hard disk space: 16 GB (32-bit) /20 GB (64-bit)
  • Memory:
    New device: 2 gigabyte (GB) for 32-bit or 64-bit

Update: 1 gigabyte (GB) for 32-bit or 2 GB for 64-bit

• 200 MB free disk space
  • Graphics card: DirectX 9 or later with WDDM 1.0 driver
  • Display: 800 x 600 screen resolution

So based on the release notes it appears that Win10 64 bit is supported?  Is anyone actually using CIPC on Win10 64 bit to verify it truly does work?  Has anyone ran into any issues with CIPC 8.6.6 on Win10 64 bit?

We have had a few issues with 8.6.6.0 crashing on Win 10 64-bit. TAC reviewed the logs and determined we were hitting these bugs:

CSCvc46415 – CIPC intermittent crash during use with version 8.6.6 in Windows 10.
CSCve25545 – CIPC crash in GIPS audio thread.

They supplied version 8.6.6.1 and we haven't had any issues since.

@ualbdp2c1

Any chance you're able to share 8.6.6.1. I'm unable to see it available for download in the Engineering Special section.

hi ,

did you get access to the file cipc 8.6.6.1 ES yet. pls let me know if you can share this.

tahnks

vijay

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: