Views
Helpful
Replies

CIPC no audio but rings fine

richb1971
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

CIPC on my Win 7 laptop will play the ringing tone when dialled but get no audio.

Any clues?

Rich

5 Replies 5

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

CIPC can have different devices assigned for ringer and general audio - so your speakers can ring, but then you listen on your headset for example. Check your audio settings.

Also when on a call, press the ? key twice on the CIPC display, you'll get stats and you should be able to see your RX counters. If you don't see them incrementing then you have something blocking the RTP stream -this might be a client/windows firewall, a VPN NAT issue, or a million other things.

IF rx is incrementing then you are receiving them OK, so try messing with the audio output settings or run the tuning wizard again.

Aaron Harrison

Principal Engineer at Logicalis UK

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi Aaron,

Its just in a lab so no VPN/NAT involved. I suspect its my laptop and will try suggestions and post back.

Cheers

Rich

Also, make sure that if you are using your wireless that you have your wireless nic's mac address entered in cucm and not your lan mac and vise versa. To get around that issue i usually enter cipc's into cucm by using a name so you dont have to worry about that.

richb1971
Level 4
Level 4

Sorted. Stupid Microsoft junk.

Control Panel>Hardware and Sound>Playback>'Set Default' to Speakers.

Cheers all.

Rich.

Hi

Good to hear you have it resolved.

Please remember to rate useful responses and mark your question 'answered' if appropriate..

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: