Views
Helpful
Replies

CIPC pointing to subscriber, but showing registered to PUB

Geo Gon
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have a few CICPs wunning on windows xp machines in the lab.

I have created a CUCM group, and I have placed in the group 2 CUCMs, 1 pub and 1 sub.

The sub was meant to be first on the list and the pub second, but when that was done, the CIPCs wouldn't be able to register, showing an error "

Registration rejected : security error". Pleas note, I was only receiving the error, when i tried to register the phones after adding them onto a device pool, without the device pool, they would register fine anyway.

So now I have the pub first then the sub second and all the phones are on a device pool and registered.

The CIPCs are pointing to register to the sub IP address, they register fine, receive a DN but on the CUCM it is showing that the phones are registering to the pub? Don't really understand why, is that meant to be like that?

Another thing:

I have 2 CUCMs on the group as mentioned above, supposedly, when I "kill" one CUCM, the phones have to register to the next one on the list. This is not happening. Any ideas?

Thanks again

3 Replies 3

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

This sounds like a common problem asked here, ensure the CUCM servers are defined in CUCM by IP addresses not hostnames, of you desire using hostnames (not recommended) then ensure they are added to your DNS or your PC's hosts file.

Also, ensure CUCM service is running on both servers.

HTH,

Chris

Thans for your repply Chris,

I'm not using DNS and CUCM service is running on both servers.

Still no luck

Need help