Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CIPC Registration rejected with Secure Profile

Hello,

I have the same Issue as mentioned in another discussion.https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3772325#3772325

The CIPC is installed on a Laptop which is connected to the local LAN. The Trust-List is updated correctly, but the LSC-File is not downloaded and not installed on the Laptop. tried to install the Certificate manually, which was mentioned in the Thread above. But I don't know which certificates you have to add to the laptop. Or have I to "construct" a LSC-File manually?

CUCM: 8.5

CIPC: 8.6.2.0

Can someone help me?

Thank's a lot!

Regards,

Matthias

8 Replies 8

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Did you perform config Erase?  What message are you seeing in the status messages on the phone?

Chris

Hi,

yes, I erased the config several times.

In the Statusmessages I see, that the Phone is updating its CTL-File but cannot update the LSC-File. The phone gets also its XML-Configfile from the TFTP.

Regards,

Matthias

Softphones such as CIPC do not have a MIC so you must enroll them manually By Authentication String. Have you gotten through that process?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cipc/2_1/english/administration/guide/cag21pre.html#wp1045841

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cipc/2_1/english/administration/guide/cag21pre.html#wp1045999

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Hi,

I checked the configuration as you mentioned.

But now I have the problem, that I can configure what I want - secure or not secure profile - the registration is always rejected from CUCM. With the non-secure Profile the CIPC doesn't need a LSC-File, right? So it does not download it. But it cannot register at the CUCM and there is no LSC-File on the Computer.

I always see on the CUCM, when I add the CIPC as a new phone with this PC, that it rejects the phone immediately.

What wents wrong?

Thanks!

Regards,

Matthias

Hi,

it's really strange.

Now I have the Problem, that the CUCM does not register the CIPC any more. Even when I disable any security, the phone is still rejected when I add it as a new one. For testing I changed the MAC-Address of the Laptop - same issue. The phone is rejected.

Is there a Bug in the System?

Regards,

Matthias

Edith: A dbreplication stop and dbreplication reset all solved the registration problem with the CIPC.

Here for other users,

the steps I made to secure the communication with CIPC.

1. Add CIPC-Phone without Secure-Profile

2. Change the Secure-Profile to "Authenticate with String"

3. CAPF-Configuration to "Install/Upgrade" and "By authentication String"

4. Create a String or press the "Generate String"-Button

5. On CIPC go to "Security Configuration"

6. LSC (unlock administration) and press "Update"

7. Enter the String, which was generated before

8. The LSC-File is downloaded now

9. After that you can switch the Security-Configuration to "Authenticate by LSC"

HTH

Regards,

Matthias

it is the very interesting topic and I have the great interest in gaining the knowledge about it.If you have any issue regarding your laptop screen in dubai just visit the site

Laptopscreen
Level 1
Level 1

Please help me find the solution for the same problem. And if you are facing and issue with laptop screen you can visit us.