Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CIPC Registration rejected with Secure Profile

Hello,

I have the same Issue as mentioned in another discussion.https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3772325#3772325

The CIPC is installed on a Laptop which is connected to the local LAN. The Trust-List is updated correctly, but the LSC-File is not downloaded and not installed on the Laptop. tried to install the Certificate manually, which was mentioned in the Thread above. But I don't know which certificates you have to add to the laptop. Or have I to "construct" a LSC-File manually?

CUCM: 8.5

CIPC: 8.6.2.0

Can someone help me?

Thank's a lot!

Regards,

Matthias

8 Replies 8

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Did you perform config Erase?  What message are you seeing in the status messages on the phone?

Chris

Hi,

yes, I erased the config several times.

In the Statusmessages I see, that the Phone is updating its CTL-File but cannot update the LSC-File. The phone gets also its XML-Configfile from the TFTP.

Regards,

Matthias

Softphones such as CIPC do not have a MIC so you must enroll them manually By Authentication String. Have you gotten through that process?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cipc/2_1/english/administration/guide/cag21pre.html#wp1045841

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cipc/2_1/english/administration/guide/cag21pre.html#wp1045999

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Hi,

I checked the configuration as you mentioned.

But now I have the problem, that I can configure what I want - secure or not secure profile - the registration is always rejected from CUCM. With the non-secure Profile the CIPC doesn't need a LSC-File, right? So it does not download it. But it cannot register at the CUCM and there is no LSC-File on the Computer.

I always see on the CUCM, when I add the CIPC as a new phone with this PC, that it rejects the phone immediately.

What wents wrong?

Thanks!

Regards,

Matthias

Hi,

it's really strange.

Now I have the Problem, that the CUCM does not register the CIPC any more. Even when I disable any security, the phone is still rejected when I add it as a new one. For testing I changed the MAC-Address of the Laptop - same issue. The phone is rejected.

Is there a Bug in the System?

Regards,

Matthias

Edith: A dbreplication stop and dbreplication reset all solved the registration problem with the CIPC.

Here for other users,

the steps I made to secure the communication with CIPC.

1. Add CIPC-Phone without Secure-Profile

2. Change the Secure-Profile to "Authenticate with String"

3. CAPF-Configuration to "Install/Upgrade" and "By authentication String"

4. Create a String or press the "Generate String"-Button

5. On CIPC go to "Security Configuration"

6. LSC (unlock administration) and press "Update"

7. Enter the String, which was generated before

8. The LSC-File is downloaded now

9. After that you can switch the Security-Configuration to "Authenticate by LSC"

HTH

Regards,

Matthias

it is the very interesting topic and I have the great interest in gaining the knowledge about it.If you have any issue regarding your laptop screen in dubai just visit the site

Laptopscreen
Level 1
Level 1

Please help me find the solution for the same problem. And if you are facing and issue with laptop screen you can visit us.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: