Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 2801 as a PBX/VXML Gateway?

alistair.cowan
Beginner
Beginner

Hi Folks,

I want to set up a small proof of concept IP-PBX system for R&D purposes. Specifically, I'm aiming to setup a mini Cisco PBX, and configure one of the extensions to be an IVR, calling onto our own custom dynamically-JSP-generated VXML applications.

At the moment all of our custom VXML apps are Genesys GVP friendly, however I'm curious to find out if there's much work involved with re-factoring them to play nice with Cisco's VXML browser and associated ASR/TTS engines.

My question - I have an old CISCO2801 sitting in the office (order description "2801 ROUTER/PWR 2FE 4SLOT 2HWICS 2AIMS IP BASE 64F/128D UK"). Is it possible to purchase an expansion module for this and configure it as an IP-PBX with VXML capabilities (including support for third party TTS/ASR engines)?

If so, I'll then purchase a single Cisco IP desk phone and register it against the 2801, call in and see if I can interact with our VXML apps.

Many thanks,

Alistair

1 Reply 1

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame Master Hall of Fame Master
Hall of Fame Master

Yes, that can be done. You just need a RAM and Flash upgrade to support recent IOS.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: