Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 2851 VIC2-FXO Issue

Jeff
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I recently purchased a 2851 for my home lab and it is running 15.1 advanced enterprice.  I purchased a VIC2-FXO (which according to the docs that card is supported), and when I do a show diag it is being detected with no errors, however when I do a show run, it dows not show up and physically the card has 2 solid amber lights.  This router does not have any DSP modules currently installed.  I was hoping someone could tell me if this might me and IOS issues, though I though advanced enterprise did support voice cards,  or simply something that can be resolved by adding DSP modules. 

Thanks

-Jeff

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

islam.kamal
Level 10
Level 10

Hi

sounds like you don't have PVDM's in the router. Your VWICs will not come up without them.

Thank you

Please rate all useful information

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

islam.kamal
Level 10
Level 10

Hi

sounds like you don't have PVDM's in the router. Your VWICs will not come up without them.

Thank you

Please rate all useful information

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Correct, FXO without PVDMs is useless.

Chris

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Jeff
Level 1
Level 1

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the the info.  Thats what I suspected.  Every router I have bought in the past had the PVDM's pre-installed so I never noticed it.  I ordered a few and they are on the way. 

Thanks

-Jeff

Hi Jeff

No problem my friend , please do not forget to rate all correct answers. You are welcome any time.

Thank you

please rate all useful information

PVDM2 on the market have become much more affordable since 29XX and PVDM3 were released. I think now is a good time to build a decent home lab

Hi Jeff,

This is because you would have ordered Voice loaded/bundled router  that is the reason router comes pre-loaded woth Voice IOS along with PVDMs.

Possibly, you have decided to use 2851 now as a voice box.

regds,

aman

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: