Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 2901 + HWIC-4B-S/T - doesn't show voice-port

Hi,

I'm currently working on a getting a Cisco 2901 to work as a voice gateway with a HWIC-4B-S/T. It's running IOS 15.0(1r)M16 (c2900-universalk9-mz.SPA.154-3.M3.bin).

In order to route my calls to the correct BRI ports, I need to assign a port (voice-port) to the pots dial-peer. In my old Cisco 2801 config it looked like this:
!
dial-peer voice 100 pots
 preference 1
 destination-pattern 0.!
 port 0/0/0
!

Which points to the voice-port:
!
voice-port 0/0/0
 translation-profile incoming FROM_ISDN
 translation-profile outgoing TO_ISDN
 no vad
 compand-type a-law
 cptone NL
!

But in with this new Cisco 2901 I don't get to see the "voice-port 0/0/0". I already tried looking it up within the IOS documentation and other Cisco doc's. But no luck.

show inventory ouput:
NAME: "CISCO2901/K9", DESCR: "CISCO2901/K9 chassis"
NAME: "4-port Wan Interface Card BRI S/T on Slot 0 SubSlot 1", DESCR: "4-port Wan Interface Card BRI S/T" HWIC-4B-S/T
NAME: "PVDM3 DSP DIMM with 32 Channels on Slot 0 SubSlot 4", DESCR: "PVDM3 DSP DIMM with 32 Channels"

Regards, Paul

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Paul,

you need to have VIC2-2BRI-NT/TE card for voice functionality.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/interfaces-modules/ip-communications-voice-fax-network-modules/product_data_sheet0900aecd801c595e.html

the ISDN card which which u are using is for Data.

regds

aman

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Paul,

you need to have VIC2-2BRI-NT/TE card for voice functionality.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/interfaces-modules/ip-communications-voice-fax-network-modules/product_data_sheet0900aecd801c595e.html

the ISDN card which which u are using is for Data.

regds

aman

Thanks Aman!

Nice!!! prutser!

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: