Helpful
Replies

Cisco 2921 CME integration

Divambe
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

We just bought a Cisco 2921 and wish to use for CME an IP phones 8861

wish to know if something extra is needed before i can commence with the deployment.

Attached below the sh version an sh license 

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Georgios Fotiadis
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You are good to go. CME-SRST is shown as EvalRightToUse, but that is only for the first 60 days. After that it will convert to Right-to-Use.

Georgios
Please rate if you find this helpful.

View solution in original post

There are two types of such licenses:

- Right-to-use licenses that are honor-based licenses and for which you keep "your end of the deal" by buying the router including CME-SRST as well as end-user licenses.

- Permanent licenses that are tied to a chassis S/N, meaning you will have to re-host them if you change chasis. You need a license file for them (or if it is included if the router is bought including that).

In your case, the issue does not concern licensing. You simply have to:

telephony-service
 max-dn <number>

Georgios

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Georgios Fotiadis
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You are good to go. CME-SRST is shown as EvalRightToUse, but that is only for the first 60 days. After that it will convert to Right-to-Use.

Georgios

Hello Georgios,

What does Right-to-Use means?

I have activated 

telephony-service
max-ephones 110
ip source-address 10.100.200.1 port 2000

but when i try to create dn i have an error message as shown below

(config)#ephone-dn 1
dn 1 exceeds max-dn 0

There are two types of such licenses:

- Right-to-use licenses that are honor-based licenses and for which you keep "your end of the deal" by buying the router including CME-SRST as well as end-user licenses.

- Permanent licenses that are tied to a chassis S/N, meaning you will have to re-host them if you change chasis. You need a license file for them (or if it is included if the router is bought including that).

In your case, the issue does not concern licensing. You simply have to:

telephony-service
 max-dn <number>

Georgios

Ok thanks will try that 

So if i don't buy the license, will  my services be interrupted ? will i be able to add IP phones when i want? 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: