This is response from TAC:
Thanks for all the information. After the further investigation I found that you are hitting defect CSCue07538. Phone would fail to boot (Gets freeze) if it loose the connectivity with TFTP server while downloading the firmware version. The fix for this defect would be available in firmware release 9.4(1). You can use the following procedure as a workaround to recover the phone.
1. Run any TFTP server application (Like TFTPd32) on the PC and assign the IP address to as 192.168.1.100
2. Modify the DHCP server – Option 150 settings (TFTP server IP Address) to be 192.168.1.100 and also make sure that your IP Phones can reach the TFTP server
3. Keep the extracted vmlinuz file in the tftp folder ( File is attached with this email )
4. Reboot the phone so that it downloads the vmlinuz file
5. Once phone boots up, you can connect the phone in production network
Also u need file vmlinuz
I have the same problem with you. Could you please send those files to my email ?
Many new phone are facing this issue, my issue is first the phone is trying to download firmware from 10.10.24.2 (this is IP is not there in our network but we don't know from this ip comes) fails and after some time it tries to download firmware from 192.168.1.100 and fails.
I have tried above procedure but it not working.
I have used tftpd64.452 and made DHCP with option 150 . But phones are not requesting for the IP.
But when i connect laptop it is receiving the IP from DHCP server.
Can some one help with details procedure.