Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 3905 image downloading fail

Evgeny Andreev
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

on new ip phone 3905 recieve a error "image downloading fail". Try reset to factory default. Didn't help. Any ideas?

Best regards.

46 Replies 46

thank you very much, it works fine

Hi Eugene,

I have the same problem . Could you please send those files to my email ?

arvky42165@gmail.com

thanks.

Saleem

Hi Saleem,

Yuo dont need the vmlinuz file now. Since this is fixed in the latest firmware version, you could download the latest firmware  (zip file) from CCO and use the extracted ZIP file instead of vmlinuz in the below procedure.

1. Run any TFTP server application (Like TFTPd32) on the PC and assign the IP address to as 192.168.1.100

2. Modify the DHCP server – Option 150 settings (TFTP server IP Address) to be 192.168.1.100 and also make sure that your IP Phones can reach the TFTP server

3. Keep the extracted fw files in the tftp folder

4. Reboot the phone so that it downloads the files

5. Once phone boots up, you can connect the phone in production network

HTH

Rajan

Hello there,

Anyone experiencing this issue and the above did not work?

Downloaded  the latest firmware from cisco: cmterm-3905.9-4-1SR2-2.zip, came with 2 files APP3905.9-4-1SR2-2.zz & CP3905.9-4-1SR2-2.loads

Ran TFTP server with dhcp pool and option.

Reboot phone. Phone do not receive any ip address at all, eventhough dhcp pool has been configured. Tested with a laptop and that dhcp was working

Did you find a solution about ip addressing? We are facing the same issue.

no, there wasnt a solution to  my issue, opened a case with Cisco TAC, and they had to RMA the phone. They sent me new phones and ask me to keep those faulty 3905 phones

Hi!

Thanks four your answer. At the end we had to RMA the phones too. The behavior in general was: 

The phone wasn't recognized under the "show power inline" as a Cisco Phone.

The phone didn't recognize its voice vlan. We saw the MAC Address through data vlan but it never got an IP, even if we try to force it, so in consequence it never reached the TFTP and the procedure described in this tread didn't work.

I did this and it didn't work for me. BUT I was able to resolve the issue after following the note from bvlloyd79 in this thread: 

https://community.cisco.com/t5/ip-telephony-and-phones/cisco-3905-not-booting-image-download-fail-from-192-168-1-100/m-p/3916245

You have to change the name of the file APP3905.9-4-1SR2-2.zz to "vmlinuz" - (no file extension). Then it will work. I was able to restore a phone that was failing image download.

I connected the phone directly to my PC running TFTP with DHCP. I had to use a PoE power injector to get the phone to power on.

Would you be so kind to send vmlinuz file on my email 945793457@qq.com  and  hxxyai3344@163.com

thank you 

Hi shenbk  

Can you confirm that putting the files CP3905.9-4-1-0.loads and APP3905.9-4-1-0.zz on the tftp server is the same as putting that vmlinuz file that the others are talking about?

Regards.

kasper123
Level 4
Level 4

Does anyone still have this vmlinuz file that needs to be uploaded to the phone?

sasapavlovic
Level 1
Level 1

Since some people still looking for vmlinuz, here it is:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1TImusMjrzjUU9VTnkyN2daRDg

Thank you very much sasapavlovic  

GRACIAS POR SUBIR EL ARCHIVO A LA NUBE, ME FUNCIONO A LA PERFECCIÓN.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: