cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 3905 SIP - Call timer ( how to reduce )

PedroReforco
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I've got a remote site connected to a CUCM 10.5.1 with several Cisco 3905 SIP Phones working, but i've got an issue...

ex:

cisco 3905 sip with DN 34002 calling cisco 3905 sip with DN 39004 , they spend almost 10seconds until the call is made.

Is there any way to change this?

My best regards

Pedro Reforço

5 Replies 5

The 10 seconds timer pretty much resembles to the inter-digit timeout. This is 100% caused by overlapping patterns (which means multiple patterns with different lengths that mislead CUCM operation)

In fact, CUCM doesn't route the call until it's sure that you really want to dial that actual number "39004" and not a longer number.

For that, for example, if you have a pattern beginning with 3 and contains more that 5 digits, when you dial 39004, CUCM will wait until the inter-digit timeout expires and then routes the call.

But if i dial from my DN (14523 - CIPC) the call is dialed immediately

It's because SCCP and SIP phones don't act exactly the same way.

To better understand how calls from Skinny and SIP phones are done, please read the notes left by Harmit Singh here

Did you verify if there were overlapping patterns in "Route Pattern" and/or "Translation Pattern" menus in your CUCM configuration ?

Thanks, I had a routte pattern with a 3.! for test purpose , deleted and it started working perfectly, thanks a lot for the tip! ;)

My best regards

Pedro Reforço

Hallelujah!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: