Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 3905 unable to make PSTN call through a CUBE connected to Level(3) SIP

We are using a CUCM version 10.5.2.11900-3 with a 2901 CUBE router running IOS 15.5(3)M4

We are unable to dial to PSTN from Cisco 3905 phones, the phone dials, get secondary dial-tone after the 8, and then nothing happens for about 15 seconds and we get a reorder tone.

Debugging the CUBE, the call never reaches the router. 3905 firmware is CP3905.9-4-1SR1-3
The phone DN is a shared line, used on about 10 other devices, which all can call PSTN without an issue. CUBE is connected to Level(3) with a SIP trunk.

Cisco 8861 in the same device pool, same CSS and same partition, make calls no problem.

I've also attempted to remove the shared line, add a new unused DN to the 3905 but the call fails with the same behavior. Looking through SDI traces, the CUCM comes back with a 404 not found. 
When running the same test call through the DNA, the expected result is to route the call.
I have a TAC case open but was wondering if anyone has ran into this before. Thanks. 
1 Reply 1

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Can you give us the scenario?  what number are you trying to dial and what route pattern should get hit?   what you are telling me, the outbound call attempt not hitting the CUBE, tells me the issue is on CUCM.

you might want to run the dialed number analyzer, in CUCM under serviceability, to see if the correct Route Pattern is getting hit.

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.