Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Cisco 3PCC phones auto answering multicast page when on active call

david.t.smith
Beginner
Beginner

I have been unsuccessful in getting the 3PCC/MPP 7841, 8841, and 8865 to not accept an incoming multicast page while on an active call. 

I have the following options set on the phone:

Voice > User > Supplementary Services >Auto Answer Page: No

Voice > Ext_x > Call Feature Settings > Auto Ans Page On Active Call: No

Phones on 11.2.1 MPP-630 firmware.

Anyone else run into this issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

david.t.smith
Beginner
Beginner

Not sure how I missed it, but the multicast page group string has a configurable priority option set as pri=n.

pggrp=multicast-address:port;[name=xxxx;]num=yyy;[listen={yes|no}]];pri=n

• PG_PRI_EMERGENT(Priority 0): If the phone receives a page with priority 0 during a call, the call will
be put on hold. After the paging is complete, the call resumes.
• PG_PRI_IMPRORTANT(Priority 1): If the phone receives a page with priority 1 during a call, the call
and the page audio is mixed.
• PG_PRI_NORMAL (Priority 2): If the device receives a page with priority 2 during a call, the phone
does not display any incoming page icon on the phone screen and the user only hears a notification tone.
Once the call ends and if the page is still active, the user sees the paging notification on the phone.
• PG_PRI_MINOR (Priority 3): If the phone receives a page with priority 3 during a call, the page is
ignored.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

david.t.smith
Beginner
Beginner

Not sure how I missed it, but the multicast page group string has a configurable priority option set as pri=n.

pggrp=multicast-address:port;[name=xxxx;]num=yyy;[listen={yes|no}]];pri=n

• PG_PRI_EMERGENT(Priority 0): If the phone receives a page with priority 0 during a call, the call will
be put on hold. After the paging is complete, the call resumes.
• PG_PRI_IMPRORTANT(Priority 1): If the phone receives a page with priority 1 during a call, the call
and the page audio is mixed.
• PG_PRI_NORMAL (Priority 2): If the device receives a page with priority 2 during a call, the phone
does not display any incoming page icon on the phone screen and the user only hears a notification tone.
Once the call ends and if the page is still active, the user sees the paging notification on the phone.
• PG_PRI_MINOR (Priority 3): If the phone receives a page with priority 3 during a call, the page is
ignored.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: