Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 508G uses # key as "end digits dialed" feature

briansimpson1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Is there some setting in the Cisco 508G phones that i can disable so that i can use # key as part of a FAC code to service provider. I have change my dialplan for the phone to include 9#xxxx. in it but when i use this dialplan, the phone send the 9 to the CME PBX as the dialed number. For example, when i dial 9#21, the phone goes off hook and sends just the 9 to the CME. I need to have the #21 sent to the CME so that it routes to my service provider as a #21.

Thanks

Brian S

2 Replies 2

The calling party can immediately terminate the interdigit timeout by entering the # character. If the # character is entered while the router is waiting for additional digits, the # character is treated as a terminator; it is not treated as part of the dial string or sent across the network. But if the # character is entered before the router begins waiting for additional digits (meaning that the # is entered as part of the fixed-length destination pattern), then the # character is treated as a dialed digit.

For example, if the destination pattern is configured as 2222...T, then the entire dialed string of 2222#9999 is collected, but if the dialed string is 2222#99#99, the #99 at the end of the dialed digits is not collected because the final # character is treated as a terminator. You can change the termination character by using the dial-peer terminator command.

The default is #.

Find this link helpful 

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios/12_2/voice/configuration/guide/fvvfax_c/vvfpeers.html

HTH

Regards

Abhay

Kindly rate all helpful posts !!!

Regards
Abhay Singh Reyal
The Only Way To Do Great Work Is To Love What You Do. If You Haven’t Found It Yet, Keep Looking. Don’t Settle

Abhay,

Thanks for the quick reply. That link you suggested is talking about routers. Is the dial plan part also true for the Cisco 508G phone?

Like i explained. I hit the 9 and # keys and the phone goes off hook immediately and when i do a debug, i only see that the 9 goes to the service provider. So the setting seems to be the phone itself that is acting this way when the # key is pressed.

Brian S