cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 6861 ringer hearing problem

arcadiarugspa
Level 1
Level 1

I have a cisco 6861 and when out on the shop floor working with noisy machinery i cant hear it ring in the office, so i either need a loud ringer attached to it or a bluetooth headset attaching to it that alerts me when its ringing. ive tried chatting with BT who supplied the phone but they are saying it cant be done and i need to upgrade to a more expensive package, ive spoken to a retailer who says i can use a jabra ehs adapter and a jabra headset but the details of the one he sent over mentions a few cisco models but not the 6861, yet they insist it will work. can anyone help me with this problem, loud ringer is the ideal solution but bluetooth headset would suffice.

1 Reply 1

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

External ringers or strobes connect to the telephony platform separately, not through the phone itself, with your extension shared across both devices. There are analog options that would connect through an ATA or SIP options that would register directly. It’s difficult to suggest specific models without knowing the call control platform that your phone is registered to though - and your provider needs to support it. I would have expected them to give you options here.

As for the EHS adapter: if the retailer put it in writing that it will work then I’d just confirm your ability to return if it doesn’t work. The EHS capability of a phone can usually be enabled/disabled by the platform the phone is registered to; I’d also ask your provider if it’s enabled before ordering.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: