Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 6921 Enable Extension Mobility

Ivan Marinovic
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I just received 230 Cisco 6921 phones. when I add phone to network it auto register but in applications there is no Extension Mobility so users can't login.

If I go to device->phone select auto register phone(just added) and mark checkbox Enable Extension Mobility in applications I see Extension Mobility option.

How can i enable Extension Mobility by defaul on all phones? so that all auto register phones are ready "out of box"?

THX,

Ivan

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can't, auto-registration only provides the most basic settings for a phone to work.

Use BAT to check the EM enabled checkbox on the phones after they auto-register or use BAT to insert the phones.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Do you have some example of BAT to insert phone? there are so many option :-(

Do an "Export Phones -> All Details" for the phone model you want.

You'll basically get the full BAT template with all options you have. Then you just have to edit what you want and update the phones.

THX you for relay. I already add this manually, but it is good to know for next time!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: