Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 7800 series phones. Cant provision

ger-lynch1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a set of 7800 series ip phones. I'm trying to register them on my system. I have already registered various SPA50X phones on my system and I do this by -

-Powering on the phone and connecting to the same network as my computer

-Find the Ip address of the phone and type into browser, to locate the web-ui

-Setup my auto-provision server and "point" the phone to this server

-The phone checks in and pulls down its configuration file and this provisions the phone in my system and once it checks in with the SIP server, can be used freely

Can I do this with the 7800 series phones or do i need the "Cisco Call Management" to get these phones working

- See more at: https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12496806/cisco-7800-series-phones-cant-auto-provision#sthash.cAdZJ289.dpuf
6 Replies 6

Brandon Pierce
Level 4
Level 4

What are you trying to register to, an Asterisk server?  I'm not sure how much help you are going to get with a non-Cisco system.

Yes It is asterisk. You doubt this will be able to work with the system?

It may or may not work, its going to be SIP so technically it should.  I know the 7900s work with no issues but most on here don't deal with XML editing since CUCM doesn't need us to do this. I haven't really looked at the XML for these phones.   I guess you could pull both XML files and compare them then go from there though.  Hopefully someone else can answer your question better.

Edit:

If you do get it working, I would like to know the configuration of the XML file that you used.  Would be good to have on hand for the future.

Thank you for the attachment. I believe I can go somewhere with this. Also is this similar to the 7900 series?

My only other question is, How do i 'point' the phone to my server. I cannot locate any where i could do this from the web Ui

All you should have to do is connect to the phone with your computer and just serve up the files it is requesting.  The XML is part of that which will tell it where to go with the SIP Registrar server and everything else.  It should be similar to the 7900 series but again, I haven't done anything with the 7800s aside from installing them along side a BE6K.  They arn't a heavily requested phone.

Ok I did some checking and tracked down a 7800 series XML document.  You can start with this and modify the IP's to match your system.  Beyond that, I can't really help ya out since it isn't a 7900.

Please let me know if this works for you.  See attached file.