Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 7811 robotic voice

christian.30
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Community,

I was having a issue wherein two of my CP-7811 IP phones the audio quality was bad wherein the audio sounds like "robotic" sound. I have seen work around wherein "Disable Opus codec support via Service Parameters on CUCM." but it seems that the version of my call manager is not hitting the bug. I'm not sure what other things i must check to fix the issue. Do i need to configure the QOS of my router or do i have to check other things

Thank you appreciate you all community. 

6 Replies 6

omz
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi 

Check for packet drops/errors on the interfaces

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Get a sniffer from the call, if it sounds OK then it might be a problem with the device/FW, if it already arrives sounding robotic, you'll need to find out if it might be the other end having the problem, or if something in the network might be causing that.

You can try with a different FW to find out if it's the device or not.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HARIS_HUSSAIN
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Follow below guide

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice/voice-quality/211299-Troubleshoot-Voice-Quality-Issues.html

The first step will be to find out where the robotic voice is originating, so you need to take packet captures to verify same.

*** Please rate helpful post; Mark "Accept as a Solution" if applicable

Thanks,
Haris

Hi All,

Thank you for the help. the issue was resolved after we tried to re-insert the Plug of the IP phone, However we are monitoring the behavior of the phone if the issue will still persist.

Good to know that, so the issue was due to a loose connection?

*** Please rate helpful post; Mark "Accept as a Solution" if applicable

Thanks,
Haris

I'm not sure about that, and the issue is weird since the robotic sound will re occur after a month randomly to other phones.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: