cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 7821 3PCC Unable to Dial Out

vsdhillon
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Cisco 7821 3PCC registered via SIP with an ITSP that is unable to make external calls but has no problems receiving inbound calls.

I factory reset it and put in all the SIP settings I needed to put in to register it. Opened up my home router with no firewall along with no SIP ALG as well.

I did SIP trace when placing an external call on it and tried to troubleshoot it with the ITSP tech support. They said they're not even getting any traffic for a call coming to them. In the SIP trace, I'm seeing an INVITE being sent followed by periodic successful SIP registrations but nothing else.

Lastly, I have the Proxy and Outbound Proxy filled in correctly as well. What am I missing here regarding settings on the phone so I can make outbound calls?

2 Replies 2

Geovani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi, 

Can you please share what is your dial plan on the phone? Under Ext1?

Would be useful for have some sip traces to take a look at. You can find the sip traces on the messages under Info --> Debug info. 

What call control are you using? 

Hi Geovani, thank you for replying and really appreciate it. I figured out the issue. I tried another phone and it was having the same issues. Turns out, the ISP router I have is not working properly. I replaced it with another one temporarily while they send me a new updated one and everything is working great now.

Again, very much appreciated and the Cisco phone is working great now. Thank you!