Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 7821/7841/7861 - Missing Softkeys while phone is On-Hook

Giovanni Ceci
Level 1
Level 1

Hey all,

We just deployed over 300 Cisco 7821 IP Phones in our cluster over the weekend. Most (not all) of our users are reporting that the softkeys are missing and that looks to be the case. I have reset the phone, manually set the Softkey template to Standard User. Not sure what else to try. Any ideas?

Firmware version: sip78xx.10-1-1SR1-4

CUCM Version: 9.1.2.11900-12

Thanks,

John

5 Replies 5

Giovanni Ceci
Level 1
Level 1

Figured it out. It turns out that if the "Disable Speakerphone" checkbox is checked in the Phone Configuration page, this will remove the Softkey options on the display. 

I reported to this to TAC and they said that this normally greys out the softkeys but not removes them. So it appears to be a bug. Will report Bug ID once I have it.

Hi

Do you have the bug ID?

This was an enhancement request to update the user guide to include that this may happen. 

Thanks for the information .I checked CuCM and the speaker phone was disabled .There might be another bug .Any thought?

Hi there,

Please check;

Add to 78xx user guide that disabling speaker might remove all softkeys
CSCup64734
Symptom:
A new note should added to the user guide to explain it is working as designed

There is a section (Phone screen) where it can be added

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/7821_7841_7861/10_1/english/user_guide/PA2D_BK_UB7EF0F0_00_user-guide-7821-7841-7861/PA2D_BK_UB7EF0F0_00_user-guide-7821-7841-7861_chapter_00.html#IP9D_RF_PA0AE20A_00

Something like

Note: when speaker is disabled the Redial, NewCall, Fwd All are disabled as the image below

Conditions:
78xx phones with speaker disable
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: