Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 7821 cant enter meeting PIN, tries to dial out instead

_Mark_
Level 1
Level 1

Hi team,

I have a Cisco 7821 configured as a meeting / conference phone, when a user tries to enter the meeting PIN the phone tries to dial out instead of accepting the PIN, I'm not sure what particular configuration setting could cause this, any help would be greatly appreciated. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello Mark,

Have you tried to check on the phone device settings on the CUCM Admin Page under Protocol Specific Information "Require DTMF Reception" ?

George

Please Rate Posts (by clicking on Star) and/or Mark Solutions as Accepted, when applies

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

George Sotiropoulos
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Mark,

please can you provide more details about the platform you are using, for example is it CUCM or CME, and the connectivity you have with your provider?

It looks like you cannot send correct DTMF tones.

George

Please Rate Posts (by clicking on Star) and/or Mark Solutions as Accepted, when applies

_Mark_
Level 1
Level 1

Hi George, thanks for your reply, it is CUCM and I'm not sure about the connectivity. The issue is confined to one particular phone, our other conference phones can all enter the PIN without issue, it is just one particular EXT. I compared the individual configuration of a phone that can do it and the one that cant and they seem identical except that they are different models. 

Hello Mark,

Have you tried to check on the phone device settings on the CUCM Admin Page under Protocol Specific Information "Require DTMF Reception" ?

George

That did the trick! Thanks!