Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 7821 connected to Asterisk call control

sibun
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Team,

I have a customer who wants to use 7921 phones with Asterisk. this is a new installation and we are trying to get the phone to register with the Asterisk call control. How did we solve this challenge?

Also how do I retrieve the SEPmacaddress.xml.cnf file of the phone.

Thank you in advance.

Sibusiso.

9 Replies 9

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Kindly attach the SEPmacaddress.xml.cnf file.

Hi Leo,

How do I retrieve the SEPmacaddress.xml.cnf file of the phone in the Asterisk environment since there is no TFTP server.

Regards,

Sibusiso.

How do I retrieve the SEPmacaddress.xml.cnf file of the phone in the Asterisk environment since there is no TFTP server.

Is is remotely impossible to get Cisco phones to work with Asterisk without TFTP server and without the SEPmacaddress.xml.cnf file(s).  

Go HERE.   In two of my responses there are two SEPmacaddress.xml.cnf files that are for 8961 & 9971.  

For a "cheap" TFTP, look at TFTPd32/TFTPd64 (HERE).

Hi Leo,

I have installed the TFTP server and the phone can download the xml file. The issue that I have now is that the phone is displaying "Registering" all the time. Also under "Phone Information->Active Server" I don't see the IP address of the Asterisk server.

Please find attached the SEPMACADDRESS.cnf.xml

Thank you,

Sibusiso

Hi Leo,

Please find attached the gui snapshot of the phone where it shows the Asterisk IP address under Unified CM1.

Thank you,

Sibusiso.

Thanks for the photo.  

I noticed that under "Operational VLAN ID" is blank.  Is the Voice VLAN enabled on the switchport?

Hi Leo,

No there are no vlans configured on the switch where the phone is connected.

No there are no vlans configured on the switch where the phone is connected.

First, make sure the phone is on the same VLAN as the Asterisk server.  Put the phone in the voice VLAN. 

Douglas Pereira
Level 1
Level 1

Hey...use this example in MS Word, it´s working on my Customer.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: