cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 7911

Eduardo Corzo
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone, now I'm writing for a trouble with a telephone (cisco 7911)

The equipment was working perfectly but suddenly one day it turned off. I though it was because of the PoE and connected an AC adapter, but nothing happened. The leds blinks for a while and I know it's on (the display is totally blank, nothing appears during the process of boot) because I can see the telephone using cdp (cdp details doesn't show the management ip address).

I tried to follow the recommendation of cisco official page and the forums, so I tried to do a factory reset, but I still got the blank display.

Any ideas of what can I do? Maybe trying to update the firmware, but I need to configure DHCP on the phone, as I can't see anything in the display, I can't configure the DHCP feauture.

Thanks for your answers!

4 Replies 4

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If the display never turns on it's likely dead. If it's covered by SMARTnet you can RMA it through TAC.

FYI- DHCP is enabled by default and you need it (along with Option 150) for the phone to find the CUCM cluster and download firmware after a factory reset which wipes NVRAM. Even so, you would still see the firmware download on the display.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Thanks Jonathan for the answer.

Well, I don't have the SMARTnet covering the phone, so there's not an option

The phone I tried to "revive" was configured with static IP, so I don't know how to change to DHCP without see the display. I can't say it was because a hardware fail in the display because every cisco 7911 that I have in my enterprise show the same issue.

As long I can't change the DHCP configuration, I don't know how to set my tftp server, or maibe to use htp implies the IP direcction is configured in the pone by default.

Thanks again for your answes!

Are you running DHCP anywhere that the phone can pull from, an ios router, microsoft server or anything else?

When you do the factory reset you should be clearing the static ip configuration and telling the phone to use DHCP.

Hi,

There is a common issue for this model that I feel. kindly raise TAC to CISCO.

It is equal to dead without display.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: