Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 7912 " Device not trusted"

Hi,

I have a 7912 going offline randomly. It's saying " Device not trusted" on call manager. I'm running Call Manager verision 9.1.2.

It's been tried on another port and tried to upgrade the phone software but that doesn't work. The phone will make calls.

Is the 7912 compatible with CM ver.9.1.2 ?

Any ideas or suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

4 Replies 4

abdel-moniem
Level 5
Level 5

HI Anthony, 

What is the control protocol running on the Cisco 7912, SCCP or SIP?. if SCCP, normally the Cisco 7912 supports a pre-sccp version 14. This is related in the absence of the message of firmwareLoadName in the stationRegisterMessage . Do you have 7937, I believe it has the same limitation if you can check. Could you wire shark the registration process and post it?

thanks,

Please rate it if it is helpful

Hi Abdel-Moniem,

Its running sccp and we don't have  any 7937. Were using 7911, 7945 and 7965. This 7912 is rare one.

Hi Anthony,

I believe then this could be the limitation of the 7912 with old SCCP version that does not sending the firmware load version to the CUCM in which is needed to trust the Phone. We might confirm that by seeing a wireshark trace of the registration process. 

Does that affect the functionality of the phone, or it function normally?

Thanks, 

Abdel-moniem E. REZK

Rate the post if it is helpful

Hi Abdel-Moniem,

The phone does function normally,  when it's online, I was on a call to the user only yesterday and it was working fine. 

Thanks

Anthony

Abdel-moniem
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: