cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 7921 MRA to Expressway: Authenticating every week

mmedwid
Level 3
Level 3

So we have the 7821 MRA connecting to Expressway from outside and registering to call manager. But the problem is this: 

My users are going to have to enter their AD user name and password using the phone keypad no less than once

a week. On Expressway C Config/Unified Communications/Config - "Credentials refresh interval (minutes)" appears to 

have a maximum setting of 10080. I have high level execs with their proxy phones at home that have needed no fooling 

around with to now. Is there any way to get the 7821 MRA to store the user name and password? Any way to make

the authentication last longer? If they were dealing with a real keyboard they might not mind putting in credentials

once a week. But by the keypad - this is going to not be a welcomed change.

3 Replies 3

Hey mmedwid,

I was having the same issue.  I just tried to set this value to "0" and I am going to see if this works for me as "0" will often disable the feature.

Cameron

The first thing we tried was setting the refresh interval to 0. This did not work to get rid of the required timeouts. I think we have the answer however in downloading and installing a new device COP file. 
In the lab our PS person found that property User Credentials Persistent for Expressway in CUCM would now appear in Device, Device Profile and one other location I believe. Once there the users should be able to auth their phone ONCE and then that's it. I still need to test the whole thing. But this is the most promising path so far.

Yes we found that setting it to 0 did not work as well.  We I did however find the "User Credentials Persistent for Expressway Sign inRequired Field" option in the device configuration page so that seems to be working through our tests so far.

Thanks for posting that!