Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 7937 extension mobility issue

Hi

We have recently upgraded to CUCM 11.0. Since upgrading, our 7937's no longer seem to support extension mobility. If I select selct the extension mobility service, it seems to take an age to connect and then displays "DNS Unknown IP V4 Host".

The closest I solution I have found is is that the phone is unable to resolve the TFTP server DNS names and I should specify IP addresses instead of DNS in the enterprise/service parameters. However, our Cisco 7940/60, 7941/61, 7945 and 7971 are unaffected by the issue.

The 7937 firmware was upgraded to cmterm-7937-1-4-5-7-SCCP.cop.sgn prior to the upgrade from 7.1.3 to 11.0. If I point the 7937 at our old Call Manager cluster, I don't see the issue and extension mobility works as it should indicating that it isn't firmware related.

I've reached a bit of a dead end, does anyone else have any ideas?

Thanks

Richard

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

As a work around, create a new extension mobility service and put in an IP address instead of a hostname  (so just copy the original service). subscribe the 7937's to this test service and see if it works

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

As a work around, create a new extension mobility service and put in an IP address instead of a hostname  (so just copy the original service). subscribe the 7937's to this test service and see if it works

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Excellent! - that works thanks very much Dennis.

Because I could, I took your suggestion one step further and also created an exact copy of the original extension mobility service  - so still using DNS names instead of IP addresses and that works also.

Looks like the original extension mobility service may have had an issue or become corrupted at some point during the upgrade process. We have a useable work around which is great!

Thanks once again

Richard