cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 7937 Platter Phone with MIC kit - Mute Feature

MichaelTNgo
Level 1
Level 1

When I connect the microphone kit (2 microphones) to the 7937 - they work.  However, I can NOT mute one or both microphones independently from the platter. If I press the mute button on one of the 2 microphones, it mutes the whole set (the platter and both microphones).  Is there way around that?  I would like to be able to mute just the microphones at times, not the whole set.

Thanks,

Michael

1 Reply 1

Paul McGurn
Level 6
Level 6

I think this is by design.  The use case they designed around was muting the entire party near the phone, not muting a specific part of the room.  Muting individual microphones would be spotty as far as effectiveness, considering the range on each one of them.  One think you may want to look into, is a 3rd part mic with separate mute controls built-in.  This would plug into the external mic jack hidden in the small access panel on the side of the base.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: