Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 7940G call forward when no answer

cool_sam9
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I would like to know if it's possible to setup a call forward when no answer with phone 7940G currently running application P0S3-8-12-00 (SIP).

I know it's possible to call forward all calls and it's working well but it's not what I want.

Thanks

Samuel

9 Replies 9

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You did not specify the system this phone is registered to, assuming CUCM or CME you can define call call forward no answer just fine.

HTH,

Chris

I want to know if I can configure this directly in the phone like the forward all (CFwdAll).

I'm not using cisco system. I'm using voip.ms servers.

Thanks

amansin74
Level 1
Level 1

I believe you are trying to orward calls directly from the Phone menu that allows to forward all the calls .

Are you a system administrator ?

If yes , you can definitely configure call forward no answer

In CME:

call-forward noan XXXX is the command in ephone-dn Y , use it for call forward to XXXX when ephone-dn Y is not answering. use timeout keyword after the command for best result and you can set seconds ater which call will be forwarded to another number if the call is not answered.

In CUCM :

it is straightforward : you will find a field in call forwarding section ..related to  ... no answer situation ... type the number where you want to forward the call.

“If you have knowledge, let others light their candles in it.”

I cannot download CME and CUCM.

Is it possible to configure this directly in the phone with an xml file like for the other settings?

I cannot do it set this feature with my pbx.

Thanks

amansin74
Level 1
Level 1

What PBX are you using ?

“If you have knowledge, let others light their candles in it.”

I'm using voip.ms online pbx and I cannot setup this. So that's why I'm asking if it's possible to setup this directly in the phone.

CFNA is a line feature, not something that can be programmed on the 7940 directly. You will need to contact your PBX host to see if they offer a feature code for CFNA. Thanks!

I dont understand.

You can do call transfer when activing CFwdAll option on the phone and it work well, but you can't do the same thing when the phone rang for X seconds? Cisco wrote a little bit of info in the documenation about CFwdNoA but I dont know of to setup this on the 7940.

Let's try this, not even if the phone is configured with CUCM or CME you can do what you want of changing this from the phone itself.

Not to mention that you're using a 3rd party call control system, you simply cannot do what you want.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: