cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 7941 - DND keeps turning itself back on

AGAITDEPTatl
Level 1
Level 1

I have a user that we put their phone on DND while they were out 2 days last week by pressing the DND button on the phone.  Since their return, DND turns off and things appear fine, then it randomly turns itself back on DND mode.  Any ideas on what causes this and how to fix?

Thanks!

7 Replies 7

kusatija
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

You need to capture detailed call manager traces for that time frame.

What is the call manager version that you are using?

Are you using presence as well?

You could be hitting this bug, depending on your call manager version:

CSCsy80245

HTH

Kunal

System version: 7.0.2.22900-3
We are using presense as well.  We have turned of DND through communicator, the phone and CM.
I've seen other posts where people mentioned it just happens on communicator, in this case it is happening on the phone and communicator.

I cannot find any info on this bug and I'm not a 'registered' member to the level that allows me to research this further.  Can you provide any additional info?

Thanks

Hi,

I have exactly the same behavior.

We are using CUCM 6.1.5.10000-x and CUP 8.0.4.10000-5 / CUPC 8.0.3.

For a user (there is currently only one user reporting this issue), his phone turns DND on all the time by itself. When we change the DND status to on or off, the CUPC gets well synchronized. So we disable it and wait for the next strange change.

After some minutes or hours, the status of the phone and CUPC finally turns on back by itself. The CUPC status is DND as well. We are sure that the user did not turned it to on manually.

We suppose it is a problem with CUP but why is it not impacting all the users?

Did you find a solution to your problem?

Thank you.

Yorick

We did actually.

The solution was to reboot the entire phone system. We run a primary and secondary call manager, turn DND off for that user and shutdown both (all) phone servers.  Reboot your primary phone server first then your secondary.  Of course make sure this is done off hours as this will take down your entire phone system for the duration of the reboot.  It is key to make sure you reboot the primary first.

Hope this helps

Thanks for the feedback.

Wow... what a "solution", I call it dirty workaround

I will probably open a TAC case for this. Even if it only occurs for one user, it is annoying and we cannot reboot the 1k-users cluster just for this strange issue.

BR,

Yorick

Yeah we didn't have a support contract or anything like that to get further assistance from Cisco.  And didn't get much input

otherwise... It worked though...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: