Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 7941 SIP Locale Settings

zak_falingepark
Level 1
Level 1

HI,

I have just setup a 7941 with SIP. On bot the phone says Error updating locale. What do i need to do please to get this working with the UK / British English please?

Many Thanks                  

10 Replies 10

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Is it working for other phones? Do you have proper locales installed on all TFTP servers (assuming CUCM) and are the phones referencing the proper locale? What is your system and version?

Chris

I dont think i do in my TDTP log its look for file "English_United_Kingdom/mk-sip.jar" and we dont have that file. It wasn't in the SIP firmware i downloaded from Cisco.

Thanks

Hi

You should download the locales from Cisco.com and install them via CUCM Platfrom Administration. Then select the correct locale on the phone configuration page and reset the phone.

Rgds

Thijs

It depends on your CUCM version. If you are using CUCM 5 or later, you should choose Linux.

Im only using Cisco phones via SIp not using CallManager at all. I am using a 3rd party PBX. Thanks

I don't have any experience with installing locales using other PBX'es. I tried to run the Windows version (hoped it would have extracted the needed files) but it does noting. Guess it's only for CallManager <4, so Windows 2k3 or earlier.

If I just need to get hold of those files the phone is requesting some how (eg English_United_Kingdom/mk-sip.jar").

We do have a really old version of callmanger version 5 a think. This is what we are moving from. Can i exract them some how please?

Thanks

If you still have that CUCM 5, you can search in the TFTP directory for the file which is being requested by the phone.

Should be under OS Administration > Software Upgrades > TFTP File Management. Probably the versions will not match, but you can always try...

Hi got the files. Its not changing the user locale settings. How exactly should i setup the XML file for the United Kingdom please?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: