Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 7941 wired headset

epickett
Level 1
Level 1

Good morning!

Ok, we have the 7941 IP phones, and I just got some HW251N headsets with the A10-16 adapter cables.  When I plug the headset into the headset port and hit the headset button, it goes off-hook but I don't get any volume.  Under Settings, Device, Media Configuration the headset IS enabled.  I've tried this on 2 different phones with the same result.  If I plug the headset into the 'handset' port I get tone, so I know the headset and adapter itself work fine.  Is there some hidden setting somewhere to control the headset port volume?  The volume slider on the front of the phone is all the way up.  Thanks for any assistance!

Eldred

5 Replies 5

Jdh....
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Eldred,

I don't think the A10-16 is correct for Cisco Phones,   ....

The Plantronics U10 Botton cable would be a better option.

https://commswarehouse.co.uk/buy/plantronics-u10-bottom-cable/?ppc_keyword=&gclid=CI-f1NGOi9QCFVOZGwode64DAg

HTH,

Please rate helpful posts  ...

Well, crap...  Ok, thanks!  I'll order a couple of the other cables...

And...that didn't work either.  While I could hear the incoming call, I couldn't *be* heard.  I can't believe it's so difficult to get something that works...  Do I need a different headset?!?

Hi Eldred,

The HW251N is showing as compatable with cisco handsets (Link below)

http://headsetplus.com/product512/product_info.html

My understanding is that most headsets work with different makes of phones (Avaya, Cisco ect) but require a certain"bottom" cable in order to do so,

As you've got the correct headset & the correct "bottom"cable it should work.

Just out of interest  ...you are plugging it into directly into the headset port on the phone & not into the handset port or via any other devices like splitters  ... ?

JDH...

I've tried both the headset port AND the handset port.  No amplifiers, splitters, or anything like that.  The only way I can hear anything through the headset is to plug it into the 'handset' jack.  But I can't be heard either way.  I just tried a different headset, as well as on a totally different phone, with the same results.  I double-checked that phone as well, and it also has 'headset enabled' under Media Configuration.  This doesn't make sense at ALL...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: