Views
Helpful
Replies

CISCO 7941G bricked please help!!!!!!

sylwester1
Level 1
Level 1

hello to all members

as title just bricked my cisco 7941 and need a bit of help (with me lots) with unbricking

letstart whatswrong when i got it (used unit) there was last user settings then decide to change it but could not to

so read on some forum that if you press " # " button when green light on unit from speaker light up phone will reboot to factory settings

but unfortunetly to me is just booting over andover trying to upgrade online

is there any chance for me or no???

am think i have some information but not sure about unit like mac etc.

thanks for any help

11 Replies 11

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Try doing factory reset.

What is CUCM version and firmware of working 7941[if any]?

regds,

aman

Hi ,

To do the factory reset, please follow as below,

Reset the 7941 and 7961 IP Phones to the Factory Default

Complete these steps:

1. Unplug the power cable from the phone, and then plug in the cable again.

The phone begins its power up cycle.

2. Immediately press and hold # and while the Headset, Mute, and Speaker buttons begin to flash in sequence, release #.

The line buttons flash in sequence in order to indicate that the phone waits for you to enter the key sequence for the reset.

3. Press 123456789*0# within 60 seconds after the Headset, Mute, and Speaker buttons begin to flash.

If you repeat a key within the sequence, for example, if you press 1223456789*0#, the sequence is still accepted and the phone resets.

If you do not complete this key sequence or do not press any keys, after 60 seconds the Headset, Mute, and Speaker buttons no longer flash, and the phone continues with its normal startup process. The phone does not reset.

If you enter an invalid key sequence, the buttons no longer flash, and the phone continues with its normal startup process. The phone does not reset.

If you enter this key sequence correctly, the phone displays this prompt:

upgrading

Please rate if this helps, by pressing the stars below.

Thanks

i did folow that factory reset but phone turn ON and OFF over &over trying to connect to tftp server

ng hen reboot and on screen sing cisco then boot and info upgrading :?

unfortunetly dont know what version etc as just arrived and dont took my writing down

when tftp server try to upload upgrade phone show ip  192.168.0.8

then some term41.default

is there any other wise to upload new file and how

sorry but am just starting with voip and still learning

thanks

Hi,

You need to have access of Call manager , check if auto-registration is enabled else manually add mac-address of phone in call manager.

Secondly, if DHCP is disabled in IP phone, then,add IP address/mask/GW along with tftp server ip-address [which is Call manager ip address].

regds,

aman

excus me how you enter call manager? got MAC-adress from the screnn but thats all :?

Hi ,

What I suggest is to engage any Voice guy who can help u in understanding the Call manager and have a online go through the Call Manager which u have?

You need to enter the ip address of Call manager in IE/Mozilla browser and then, u need to enter the credentials.

thanks for rating.

regds,

aman

Please read thsi threead and follow th advise suggested there

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3712835#3712835

Please rate all useful posts

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

Please rate all useful posts

TexasBrandon
Level 1
Level 1

If you have a full call manager, enter the MAC address and phone type into the system and let it find the firmware.  If you have a CME (Call Manager Express), you can add an ephone or set auto-registration and let it pull the necessary firmware assuming you have everything configured correctly. 

If you don't have a call manager or call manager express I really can't help you other than making a simple LAN and having a TFTP server so that it can pull the firmware from your computer.  This is assuming you have the rights to download the firmware if you don't already have the files.

am afraid that end of my jurney with voip phine as dont know from where to take that callmanager

thanks again all for your help but am too fresh to understand what you talking to me

thought is some program  what upload new file to phone and thats all lol

thanks

Hi,

What I suugest u read Solution Reference Network Design of Call Manager at least 2 times to have an idea of Call Manager and be connected to community for any help?

regds,

aman

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: