Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 7942 G Factory setup for used phone

A11110000
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

Actually, I wanted to make a factory setup of a used Cisco 7942G IP phone. The setup standard procedure works (blinking lights and pressing 1234 .. # buttons) until the upgrade menu appears, but unfortunately not completes the upgrading process.

Many thanks for your ideas ..

5 Replies 5

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Make sure that the IP phone is connected to a switchport with DHCP configured and option 150 pointing to correct server. If the phone is able to reach the TFTP server then it will be able to download the config file.

Manish

Dear Manish,

Many thanks for your advice. To be frankly, I am not an IP expert. Actually, the phone is still in the upgrading process and I don't know how to stop/exit.

Maybe, I need some detailed steps how to proceed and check the DHCP configuration and option 150 (?). It's a German router product. Many thanks.

Best

Stephan

Hi Stephan,

You need to get the running config from the switch to which this phone is connected and check the port config from there. Also, you need to confirm if this phone is supposed to register with a callmanager or callmanager express. If the Voice network is managed by someone else in your site then you can contact that person as well.

Manish

Manish,

The problems is obviously that it's not possible to get access to the phone's IP address.

Maybe another potential issue. I heard that I need some kind of a license or registration. Actually, I bought the phone from a friend.

Stephan

Manish,

Is there not any way (independent from all configuration, networks and routers) to simply make the factory setup of the phone .. ?

Stephan