Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 7942 with wrong time zone

melozurdo78
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

My customer has a Cisco 7942 showing wrong time zone. IT´s showing Greenwich Standard Time instead of PST8PDT.

Tried to reset the phone from CUCM and I am still seeing the same bad time zone. The rest of the phones in the office have the right time zone.

Is there any way to change this manually directly from the phone? If not, what would be the next step? Factory reset?

Thanks in advance.

Nacho

6 Replies 6

Usually this is fixed by factory reset as most likely there is a mismatch between the active firmware and the default firmware.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice-unified-communications/unified-ip-phone-7900-series/15254-7960-default.html

Mohammed...user tried factory reset but she is having issues...

While holding the # button during power up cycle the headset, mute and speaker buttons are not flashing.

What next please? Thanks so much

Nacho

Hi Nacho,

On 7942 phone, line buttons should should alternate the light.

While you see that, press the sequence 123456789*0# and press 2

The phone should start upgrading or loading the primary firmware 

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

She followed the steps but she is not getting the prompt:

Keep network cfg? 1 = yes 2 = no

She dialed 1223456789*0# and then 2 and nothing happened.

I think she is not doing well but please advise.

Thanks.

Nacho

She dialed 1223456789*0# but it shows upgrading then the cisco screen then back to upgrading screen and keeps doing the same thing all the time. Please advise. Thanks

I don't think she is doing it correctly. Make sure to follow the steps as documented.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: