Views
Helpful
Replies

CISCO 7942

ahmed.a.gad
Level 1
Level 1

Hello ,

Can anyone please help me with the following , we are installing a new centralized IPT environment , currently we have local old CUCM that we don't have access to , we have bought a new phones 7942 and 7962  that are not configured on the old system but configured on the new one , we are trying to do some tests on the new environment using physical phones , The DHCP is setup and has a TFTP poiting to the OLD CUCM , i cannot change the DHCP settings yet because that will change all of the phones on the site .

Now i need to connect the new phones to the new system by manually changing the TFTP ip address to the new system , when i plug in the phone they take the ip information from the DHCP server to the old CUCM and stuck in registeration loop because it is not configured on the old system , how can i stop the phone from trying to register to the old system to be able to have enough time to change the TFTP settings ?

Thanks

Ahmed A Gad

7 Replies 7

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Ahmed,

I believe you can use the option of configuring a dhcp pool specific to an IP phone ( which corresponds to its mac address ). Please find detailed steps in a similar scenario below

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2020288

The dhcp pool specific to the phone will look somewhat like this ( client identifier , option 150 ip etc will change as per ur network )

ip dhcp pool 7962-phone

host 10.1.1.254 255.255.255.0

client-identifier 0100.1fca.3493.2b

option 150 ip 10.1.1.1

HTH

Manish

Hello,

Create a test DHCP with a new VLan (if possible) or use a exisiting one and make sure that have access to the CCM.

Amer

Hi,

Configure new voice vlan for these new phones and a new DHCP for this vlan

Regards

Haitham

Hi Manish,

You have replied in this discussion at 4:45 PM but cannot see u as part of discussion.

You had replied for PRI not registering with Call manager at 11:36 AM today but surprisingly cannot see in discussion.

why is it so?

regds,

aman

Hi Aman,

Youu are right, it has happened to me on a couple of posts today. I am not sure what's going on, will see if its repeated again and report this to the concerned team.

Manish

Hi Ahmed,

Other way round u can create same DHCP pool on Call Manager and remove tftp option from Old DHCP pool.Also, switch off Old CUCM by taking a maintenance window.

regds,

aman

You can always hard code the IP addresses and TFTP on the phone to point to new servers as oppose to relying on DHCP, if the idea is to do some testing.

HTH,

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: