Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 7942G Firmware

GISVPN
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I downloaded the Cisco 7942G firmware last week (the latest), however I went to download it again today but it was not available (the page was not found and I cannot navigate to it via the hierarchical menu) - does anyone know what happened and whether this is a temporary issue?

5 Replies 5

7942 has crossed end of life.

All firmware related to this product  looks removed from downloads. Internet will be your best choice if you need the firmware.

Response Signature

Your Cisco Collab TSA also has access to an internal software library (if they know where it is) and can publish it to you via special file access. Ask nicely and give a valid reason why; I’m not entirely clear what the internal rules are for using it.

@Nithin Eluvathingal / @Jonathan Schulenberg - thank you both. It is frustrating that even for a phone end of life, these are not available anymore. It would be a small thing to keep the archives there, to help keep older models maintained and save the planet that little bit more.

As you downloaded it last week don’t you have the file still in your possession? May I ask for what reason do you need to download it again?

Response Signature

Hi @Roger Kallberg - I know it was really silly - I downloaded them and deleted them thinking I no longer needed them (and if I did I could come back to the site -- I even book marked the page and signed up for alerts for the model (interestingly I did not get an alert to say it was no longer available); I have three other phones x2 7942G and x1 7945 I am looking to upgrade to the latest firmware - they are currently on 8x and I would like to upgrade them to the latest on 9.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: