Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco 7945G not in phone list at UCM 8.6

Meer Shanawaz
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

can anybody help me that I has ucm 8.6 where when I try to add the phone,I am not able to find 7945G model.

I can see 7945.

I tried by 7945 it is not working.

I try to search for  device pack,I didnt find the exat version.

Please can anybody help me in this matter.

Thanks

8 Replies 8

fenilantony
Level 1
Level 1

Try with 7945 or super-copy previous 7945 phones from your cluster.

Please do rate if the given information helps

Hi

It is not working.

Thanks for your response.

which is not working ? super-copy

Hi 

I don t have copy or super copy because i dont have existing any phone which is working on a same model.

Kindly share the screen shot of the specific error

Hi Meer,

you need to have device pack upload on call manager.Prior to uplaoding Device pack, please take snapshot of existing firmwares of IP phones.after u do upload, please check for nay change in load of other IP phone models.If any change, please revert them back [refer to snapshot taken earlier]

please refer the link

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/compat/matrix/CMDP_BK_CCBDA741_00_cucm-device-package-compatibility-matrix.pdf

you also need to boot server after device pack is uplaoded.if successful,upload device pack in all other servers in cluster.

for downloading latest device pack  8.6(2.26163)

, u can refer the link

https://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?i=!y&mdfid=283782839&softwareid=282074299&release=8.6%25282.24118%2529&os=

regds,

aman

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Meer,

You will only see the option to add '7945' even if you upgrade to CUCM 10.5 version, there won't be an option to add a 7945G. If the phone is not registering there could be other reasons which need to be looked into. Can you provide the exact error that you see on the IP phone?

HTH

Manish

[+5] to Manish for sharing the info.

I also checked the same on CUCM 10.5 where in we do not get option to add 7945G and is added as 7945 only.Once the phone gets registered, it shows correct model.

there could be some other cause for the phone not getting registered.

Meer,

Do not load any Device pack.

regds,

aman

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: