cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 7960 MGCP to SIP

tthomast04
Level 1
Level 1

We have a few Cisco 7960s that currently have MGCP 7-6-0 and would like to convert them to SIP.

We have factory defaulted the phones and pointed the tftp ip to our tftp server.

Files in the tftp server:

OS79XX.TXT

P0S3-07-5-00.bin

P0S3-07-5-00.loads

P0S3-07-5-00.sb2

P003-07-5-00.bin

P003-07-5-00.sbn

The phones goes through the process of getting an IP, and just sits on configuring phone. The status message just states that it failed to get a MGCPxxxxx.cnf file. Do I need to create a .cnf.xml file to put in that directory as well?

I am not worried about provisioning it, just converting it over from MGCP to SIP.

I followed the directions from: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/collaboration-endpoints/unified-ip-phone-7900-series/5455-handset-to-sip.html

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

2 Replies 2

rothomas2
Level 1
Level 1

Best advise is to SPAN the SW and get a sniffer going on the packets the phone is requesting and then dry to get the same files from either a Working CUCM or a friend. 

I do think some very old MGCP FW required a MGCP file to be converted to another firmware, although I just did this procedure a few times a while back at TAC.

michel.prevost
Level 1
Level 1
Hi, have you been able to figure that out. I am also trying to convert a MGCP phone to SIP and the phone try to get the same file on the TFTP server.

I believe we need to rename a file to match that MGCPxxxx.cnf file it try to download, but I can't tell