cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 7960G tftp file not found

maddixlee08
Level 1
Level 1

I purchased a Cisco 7960G IP phone from eBay used. I plugged everything in and I tried using TFTP64 to set up the phone. But when i booted it up I got a "TFTP file not found" error code and I have no idea what to look at or fix. I have the phone plugged into a wifi-extender which has an ethernet port. I switched it over and plugged it into my PC to try and use TFTP64 but thats when I started getting the "TFTP file not found" code. Can someone help me figure out what to do/fix?

1 Reply 1

M02@rt37
VIP
VIP

Hello @maddixlee08 

Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot the issue:
-Make sure your TFTP server is running: Ensure that your TFTP server (in this case, TFTP64) is running and configured correctly. Check the settings to ensure that the correct IP address is being used for the TFTP server and that the files are being served from the correct directory.
-Check your network connection: Ensure that your phone is connected to the same network as your TFTP server. If your phone is connected to a different network, it may not be able to access the TFTP server. Try connecting the phone directly to the router or switch -that your TFTP server is connected to.
-Check your firewall settings: If you have a firewall running on your computer or network, ensure that it is not blocking TFTP traffic. Add an exception to your firewall for TFTP traffic or temporarily disable your firewall to test if this is causing the issue.
-Check your file names and locations: Ensure that the file names and locations are correct for the TFTP server to serve the files. Double-check the file path and name to ensure they are correct and that the files are located in the correct directory.
-Check your phone settings: Ensure that your phone is set up to use TFTP and that the correct IP address for the TFTP server is configured on the phone. Check the phone's configuration to ensure that the correct file names and locations are specified.
-Try a different TFTP server: If the above steps do not work, try using a different TFTP server software. There are several free and open-source TFTP servers available that you can try.

Best regards
.ı|ı.ı|ı. If This Helps, Please Rate .ı|ı.ı|ı.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: