Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 7965 - Display On if Incoming Call Being Overridden

raymond00
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, All.

I've come upon an issue with the 7965 Model Phones and the "Display On If Incomign Call" option. By default, CUCM has that option disabled. In order to combat this, I have modified a Common Phone Profile deployed to all phones. This has produced the following result...

When unboxing a phone and plugging it into the network, the 7965 auto-registers and receives an auto-registration number as expected. By clicking "Settings" on the phone and choosing Device Configuration > Power Save Configuration > and pressing 5 for Display On If Incoming Call, I have confirmed the Common Phone Profile has been applied and Display On If Incoming Call is set to "Enabled." (See 7965_autoreg_display_on_cdc.png for screenshot.)

In CUCM, under Product Specific Configuration Layout, the "Display On If Incoming Call" is set to Disabled. I've noted there is NOT a checkbox to Override Common Settings (See 7965_autoreg_config.png).

Based on the above configuration, everything works as expected until ANY configuration change is made to the device in CUCM. Example, if an administrator performs any device-level action and then clicks Save or Apply Config the "Display On If Incoming Call" is overriden to "Disabled." (See 7965_save_disabled.png)

Based on my findings, I believe the lack of an "Override Common Settings" checkbox means CUCM will always use the Device-level setting, even after the default has been overridden.

Would anyone else please mind testing and providing feedback? I cannot imagine I am alone in deploying the 7965 model phones and wanting the screens to be on by default when a call comes in. Hopefully I've missed something along the way.

Thanks as always for your continued support!

2 Replies 2

yahsiel2004
Level 7
Level 7

Under the "Common Phone Profile Configuration" there is a "Override" checkbox for "Display On If Incoming Call". Do you have it checked?

Regards,

Yosh

HTH Regards, Yosh

Hello, Yahsiel.

Yes, I have confirmed the Override option is checked under Common Phone Profile. I believe the override is actually taking affect when the phone is auto-registered, as you would expect. However, the device is then overriding the Common Phone Profile setting after a Save or Apply Config.

I have attached screenshot of the Common Phone Profile for your convenience (see CPP_Profile.png).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: