Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 7965 IP Phone Wont RIng

dennis
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

I have a weird issue on CME just occured two weeks ago.

The Cisco 7965 IP Phone wont ring when there's any incoming calls. Even internal intercom calls.

I have double checked the settings on the phone settings & ephone settings there's seemed to be nothing wrong with it.

Has anyone encountered such an issue ?

Please advise.

Thanks & Regards.                  

4 Replies 4

piyush aghera
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi Dennis,

What is the firmware you are using for this phone?  Do you have any other 7965 phones in your network which are working fine?

Thanks.

Does it at least show calling name and can you answer it or it never makes it to the phone?

If the second can you please post your full CME config? Can you also do "debug voice dialpeer" for one of these calls?

Chris

dennis
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Thank you for your input.

To answer both of your questions :-

Question 1 - I need to double check the firmware version & yes there's another similar type of phone on the network that's working.

Question 2 - The incoming calls are showing correct Caller ID displays. The calls actually got routed to the phone without any issues. The only thing is that it didn't ring at all including internal intercom & external incoming calls.

I will also do a debug voice dialpeer.

I will get back to all of you once done.

Thanks & Regards.

slashdots
Level 1
Level 1

Most of my user reports  of "my phone is not ringing" are because of the two following things:

- Ringer volume at minimum

- Do not Disturb is active

If none of them is the issue, I usually try the famous "hard reset" to factory reset all features and be sure the phone will download the correct configuration/ firmware.

I always check this thing with the user before beginning to analyze firmware etc.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: