Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 7965 text size change?

NicP270591
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have recently acquired two Cisco 7965 IP Phones, booting them up and placing them side by side, I noticed that the text size of the actual Soft Keys, system message, and extension number is different on each phone. One is large font, the other is smaller. They both work fine, and I believe they are both loaded with the same SCCP revision (SCCP45.9-3-1SR1-S). Has anyone noticed this behavior before, and is there any way to get them to the same size? Nearly insignificant I know, but as these phones will be placed side by side we'd prefer them to both have the larger font and look virtually identical, the larger size seems to help a little with employees who have difficulty seeing clearly.

I'm assuming the fix is to check revisions and then upgrade/downgrade firmware on the smaller text phone to get it back to larger size, but just wanted to confirm?

Thanks,

Nic.

1 Reply 1

Rajan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Nic,

Unfortunately there is no way to change the font size on this model phones although 89xx/99xx has that. You could try matching the firmware on both phones to see whether that helps if both the phones have different firmware versions.. 

HTH,

Rajan

Please rate useful posts

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: