cancel
Announcements

Views
Helpful
Replies
rosspeter
Beginner

Cisco 7970 G not booting

Firstly I would like to thank everyone who may contribute to this post. At the moment I am up the creek as it were, as our vans are running about with a telephone number that leads to a voicemail or a softphone on my desk.

Basically, I have a Cisco 7970 G and I needed to switch it over to SIP firmware. The phone didn't see the Tftp server (Because I grabbed a router rather than a switcher and may have forgot to turn off dhcp). At the moment the phone looks like it is searching for the TFTP server; however Tftpd32 just keeps coming up with errors.

The error for the tower I am running it on now reads "Rcvd DHCP Rqst Msg for IP 0.0.0.0, MAC 00:1A:4D:54:CC:90 [05/08/2011 ect] Previously allocted addresss 169.254.102.243 acked [another time and date stamp]"

I ran wireshark and there aot of interesting things happening at the moment. The phone is broadcasting quite alot.

The phone is currently plugged into the Pc directly with a ethernet cable, I belive all my configuration and firmware files are accurate but I will cross that bridge when the Tftp plays ball...

Thankyou again for the help!

Kind Regards,

Peter Ross

0 REPLIES 0
Content for Community-Ad