Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 7970 Turns Off After 35 Seconds Of Turning On

jasonmadruga84
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a 7970 and upon doing a couple of resets, it not finding files on TFTP server, it now no longer boots up.

Just a couple of hours ago, it was registering successfully with my 2801, registering IP address, getting extension.

When trying to do a default reset it to upgrade system files, it first said "error" then again with a factory default was saying "upgrading" but no inication of it pulling files and it took way too long.

It no longer stays on past 35 seconds just shuts off at about 35 seconds. I have tried holding # and powering on and it doesn't seem to do anything. Also, I have tried a different power supply.

Please no, "go search, there are plenty of forums" I don't need that type of advice.

Advice appreciated.

-Jason

3 Replies 3

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jason,

If you have already tried factory reset and good known working switchports and the phone is shutting down after booting up then this will most likely need a replacement.

Manish

Hi,

Yes, but why did it happen, what are the technical details, what has gone bad or been corrupted. If anyone knows, please provide some info. Let's try to learn something here.

Thanks,

Jason

Hi Jason,

Q- Did u perform a factory reset that started all this?

Q- What is the firmware you have mentioned in the config or on TFTP?

Regards,

Hitesh